The Qualification Groups Available Are:
Plant Operator Route:
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Lift and Transfer Loads
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Extract
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Excavate
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Construct and Form
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Receive and Transfer Loads
- Operate Plant or Machinery for Accessing
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Lay and Distribute
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Compact
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Process
Slinger Signaller / Loader Securer Route
- Direct and Guide the Movement of Plant or Machinery
- Arrange and Secure Loads
There is no set time for the assessment process to take, candidates can work towards gaining the award at their own pace.
Who Do We Recommend Gains The Qualification?
All operatives who can meet the criteria in any of the above groups.
The main source of evidence is work based and confirms that the candidate’s practical skills meet the appropriate performance criteria and range statements.
The following are types of evidence that may be used to quantify a candidates competence:
- Work sheets and time sheets
- Work log books
- Photographs / videos
- Witness testimony from management that is verified by a work based recorder or assessor
- Oral questioning by the assessor
- Written question papers produced by the assessor to quantify knowledge evidence
- Course certificates from previously attended related courses
- Practical observations
SVQ – Construction Plant Operations Level 2
Eligible companies are able to claim grants for these assessment, which will pay for a substantial amount of the costs, as the assessment process is CITB approved for grant purposes.
Images courtesy of N G Contracting a UK powerline services contractors based in the Scottish Borders.